PET SUPERMARKET 2019 CALENDAR CASTING CALL CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS PROMOTION IS NOT SPONSORED BY, ENDORSED BY, ADMINISTERED BY OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED OR AFFILIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
This contest (“Contest”) is only open to all legal residents of Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas who are 18 years of age (or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older) or older. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and by the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. You must have internet access and a valid email address and Facebook account to enter this Contest.
This Contest is not open to employees and/or agents of Pet Supermarket, Inc. and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees and agents, or anyone domiciled with such person. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of identity and/or residency prior to being declared a winner.
The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Saving Time (“EDT”) on April 30, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 31, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of Maximize Digital Media (the “Administrator”) is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
Thirteen (13) pet photos will be selected to be featured in the 2019 Pet Supermarket calendar. Twelve (12) pet photos will be featured as one of the “Pets of the Month” and one (1) pet photo will be selected to be featured on the front cover of the 2019 Pet Supermarket calendar (each, a “Prize”, and collectively, the “Prizes”). Winners will get no prize beyond what is described above. Prizes have no retail value. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with a prize of equal or greater value.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, go to www.facebook.com/PetSupermarket during the Contest Period (April 30 – May 31, 2018), and complete all required fields on the online registration form, and submit a pet photo.
The pet need not belong to you. However, if the pet does not belong to you, you must have the written permission of the pet’s owner to enter the photo into the Contest. If an individual other than you is pictured in the photo you must have the written permission of the individual or, if the individual is a minor, the written permission of the parent or legal guardian of the individual, to enter the photo in the Contest. You must, upon request of the Sponsor, provide the Sponsor with evidence of any required written permissions in a form acceptable to and within the time required by the Sponsor.
The required fields on the registration form include: full name, email, pet’s name, pet type and state. Additional fields including full address, phone number, breed and local Pet Supermarket store will be requested for selected winners. There is a limit of one (1) entry per pet throughout the Contest Period.
Any attempt by any participant to enter more times than the allowed one (1) entry per pet by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s subsequent entries from a chance to win a Prize. Entries must be received before the Contest Period expires. Each fully completed entry together with the pet photo will be an “Entry” for purposes of the Contest, and only fully completed entries that otherwise comply with these Official Rules will be accepted and eligible for entry into the Contest. Entries generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, engineered, copied, incomplete, or inaccurate are void. Entrants will have the option to select whether or not they wish to receive Pet Supermarket news, updates, and promotions by email or other electronic communication from the Sponsor relating to pet ownership, products sold and other marketing and services provided at Pet Supermarket stores.
PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Entrants must adhere to the following photo submission guidelines:
Only digital photo submissions will be accepted. No printed photos and/or black and white photos will be accepted. Photos must be submitted electronically as a high-resolution image. The minimum size allowed is 1 MB. The maximum size allowed is 10 MB. All photos must be in .jpg format. Photos must be in color only and should be appropriate for printing as an 8.5” x 10.5” inch horizontal print, as winning photos will be printed and featured in the 2019 Pet Supermarket calendar. Photos must be the original and sole creation of the entrant, and all rights, titles and interests including but not limited to the copyright in any Entry, must be owned solely by the entrant.
Although not a requirement under these guidelines, ideally the photo should be at least 3,000 pixels wide (horizontal format).
· No borders or frames may be added to images
· No watermarks, signatures or copyright notices may be added to images
· Artistic filters are not permitted
In addition to the requirements set forth elsewhere herein, each submission must not:
- Have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind;
- Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Disparage Sponsor or any person or party affiliated with the Contest and administration of this Contest;
- Feature (other than incidental use) brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor;
- Contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where submission is created;
- Have been published in any online or print format, to include social media postings;
- Violate any law, rule or regulation; or
- Contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material.
By submitting an Entry, you grant Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, publish and display your entry on Sponsor’s websites, and Sponsor’s (and its successors’) business in any media formats, and through any media channels. The foregoing license will be perpetual and non-exclusive. The right and license granted to Sponsor includes the right of Sponsor (but not the obligation of Sponsor) to (1) post the entry on Sponsor’s websites; (2) use the entry to promote Sponsor’s current and future marketing campaigns or initiatives; (3) edit, modify, format, or adapt the entry for Sponsor’s purposes and use such revised version to the same extent as the original entry; and (4) use the entry for advertising and promotional uses, including but not limited to the 2019 Pet Supermarketcalendar. You hereby waive your moral rights, if any, in and to your photo in favor of Sponsor, and you hereby agree to confirm such grant and waiver in writing at the request of the Sponsor. You hereby confirm your understanding that you shall not receive any compensation, monetary or otherwise, from the Sponsor in this regard.
Incomplete or inaccurate online entries are void. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any non-complying Entry will subject the entrant to disqualification in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
All submissions shall be filtered by Sponsor, or its designee, from June 1 – June 11, 2018 to ensure the photo submission guidelines are met. Photos that do not meet the guidelines set out above shall be disqualified and removed from the Contest. During this period entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency and compliance with these submissions shall also be screened by Sponsor, or its designee, for eligibility to ensure that entrants have reached the age of majority in their State of residence.
The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any photo that contains any content that is, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, inappropriate or offensive, including any depiction of obvious or suspected cruelty to animals, or that was submitted by an ineligible entrant or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right to use information submitted on entry forms to notify authorities of suspected animal abuse.
1. Photos will be assessed by a panel of qualified judges, selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion, based on the following judging criteria: pet diversity, regional representation, seasonal appropriateness, funny/witty personality, composition, content, originality, technical quality and visual impact. Sponsor’s judges will choose the Top 50 finalists based on scores from the applied the judging criteria. In the event of a tie in the judging criteria scores, the Entry that scores the highest overall score will be deemed a finalist. That Top 50 finalists will be uploaded to Sponsor’s Facebook page for customers to vote for their favorites. The photos will be divided by pet type category: dogs, cat and others and the top seven (7) photos in the Dog category, top four (4) photos in the Cat category, and top two (2) in the Other Pet category with the most valid votes will be considered the winners and will be featured in the 2019 Pet Supermarket Calendar. CUSTOMER VOTING WILL TAKE PLACE FROM JUNE 12 – JUNE 18, 2018. Participants may vote one (1) time per pet type per 24 hour period. Any attempt by any participant to enter more times than the allowed one (1) vote per pet type per 24 hour period by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s subsequent votes. You may not entice visitors to vote for your entry by offering any type of consideration, gift, award, or inducement, including merchandise, cash, online currency, discounts, vote trading or anything deemed to have value in exchange for votes. Use of personal social media accounts, blogs and websites to direct visitors to the voting site is permissible. Sponsor reserves the right to eliminate or disregard any or all votes cast by visitors in excess of stated limits or otherwise not in accordance with the Official Rules. All Pets of the Month winners, as well as the front cover winner which will be the pet, from any category, with the highest number of valid votes, will be notified by email and/or by telephone starting the week of June 25, 2018. In the event of a tie in the voting, the Entry that scores the highest overall score during the initial judging phase will be deemed a potential winner. The confirmed winners will be announced on Pet Supermarket’s Facebook page on or around July 9, 2018. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer or no winners if the quality or quantity of eligible entries is insufficient.
2. In order to be declared a winner, each selected entrant must: (i) sign a declaration of compliance with the Official Rules and a release (including a publicity release); (ii) provide a written release signed by each individual other than the entrant who is pictured in the selected photo, or if the individual is a minor, the individual’s parent or legal guardian; (iii) return any required documents (including any required releases and permissions); and (iv) otherwise comply with the Official Rules. Each selected entrant will have two (2) business days within which to sign and return the required document to Sponsor in the method and manner noted by Sponsor. If Sponsor does not receive the selected entrant’s required documents, Sponsor will send a reminder email or telephone call requesting the return of the required documents within one (1) business day. Sponsor will make no more than one (1) attempt to remind the selected entrants by email and/or by telephone. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted or does not respond within one (1) business day after Sponsor’s reminder contact, or declines the Prize, then an alternative entrant will be selected as the Selected Entrant by reviewing the next highest number of votes received from among the remaining eligible entries. This process will be repeated until a Selected Entrant has been contacted and the Prize has been awarded in accordance with these Official Rules or the Sponsor runs out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. If any required document is not received by the Sponsor within the specified time, or the entrant does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, the entrant is disqualified and forfeits the prize and another entrant will be selected in accordance with the Official Rules.
3. All decisions of the judges and the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Winners will receive no compensation, credit or prize other than as disclosed in these Official Rules.
4. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, you agree to (a) fully and unconditionally comply with and be bound by these Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this contest and (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., and each of their respective affiliates, and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, copyright infringement, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in the Contest or in any contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, any Prize (including the use and misuse of any Prize). You will indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Official Rules. This release and indemnity shall continue in full force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of any Prize.
1. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (ii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iii) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Contest submissions, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; or (iv) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the Prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. Each winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to the Prize or this Contest including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
Neither the Sponsor nor the Released Parties assumes any responsibility or bears any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iii) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (iv) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; or (v) any inability of any winner to accept a Prize for any reason.
2. For all photos submitted into the Contest, entrants must at the time of entry into the Contest either: (i) be the sole owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright and moral rights) in and to the photo; or (ii) if the photo contains any trade-marks, copyrighted material or other property owned by a third party, have the express permission of the third party to use such material in accordance with these Official Rules.
3. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Official Rules at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws and, where pertinent, approval of local jurisdictions. Changes to these Official Rules will be posted online at: http://www.facebook.com/PetSupermarket. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsor and its affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial or municipal laws and regulations. Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
4. The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prizes.
5. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the State of Florida.; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
7. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By participating in this Contest, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.
8. For questions regarding this Contest, these Official Rules or the Prizes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Pet Supermarket, Inc., 1100 International Parkway, Sunrise, FL 33323.
11. Winners’ List: For the winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with a request to “Pet Supermarket - 2019 CALENDAR CASTING CALL CONTEST”, Attn: Marketing Department, Pet Supermarket, Inc., 1100 International Parkway, Sunrise, FL 33323. Requests must be received by August 1, 2018.