Pet Owner Guide to Caring for Guinea Pigs
Guinea Pig Facts & Tips
- Guinea pigs will grunt, squeal, and whistle to show excitement.
- When picking up a guinea pig, always support their entire body. They may squirm a lot initially
- They can be litter trained.
- Pet Supermarket is here to help you choose the right food for your Guinea Pig.
- Should consist of 70% dried hay, 20% pellet dried and 10% fruits and fresh veggies
- Vitamin C is especially important in their diet and extra supplements are highly recommend
- Avoid: Chocolate or other candy, onions and iceberg lettuce
- They should always have access to fresh, clean water
Caging & Environment
- Guinea pigs should be housed alone, unless spayed or neutered
- The larger the cage, the better! Look for a cage with a solid bottom that has a lot of surface area, rather than multiple levels
- They love to hide. Be sure to provide a hiding area to help them feel comfortable and secure
Guinea Pig Essentials
- Dry Food
- Grooming Brush
- Water Bottle or Bowl
- Food Bowl
- Hide Box or Tunnel
- Natural Wood Toys
- Nail Trimmer
Can’t miss essentials
We strive to enhance the lives of people and their pets. Our goal is to be your trusted local, neighborhood pet store, because after all, we speak pet!